Wednesday, March 11, 2009

4-year-old boy saves mother's life with calm thinking and 911 call..

Pay2Blog

4-year-old Thornton boy's calm thinking helped save his mother's life two weeks ago, according to rescuers.

Thomas "T.J." Roller called 9-1-1 on Feb. 18 to explain that his mother, Jennifer Roller, had collapsed on the floor while making him lunch, according to the dispatch tapes released Monday.

Today, he will meet with Adams County dispatcher Jason Vigil and emergency personnel who quickly arrived at the home near 118th Avenue and Monroe Street.

On the tape, in a calm tone of voice, T.J. says to Vigil, "My mommy's sick. Can you please come over here?"

Vigil asks the boy to check whether his mother was breathing, and the child politely asks him again to come over.

"I'm going to send my friends out there to help you," Vigil replies in a friendly tone, "but don't hang up on me, OK?"

Jennifer Roller made a full recovery, but her medical condition was not released by the city. She could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Thornton City Council plans to issue a resolution honoring T.J., said spokeswoman Lisa Wilson.


.....:) so cute....

2 comments:

Kay Stanford Jr Kastum said...

I could say "I'm hungry" when I was 4

TataJane said...

yeah and crying wanting toys..hahah

Related Posts with Thumbnails